Hot people DO date online

Our new dating bloggers Kylie* and Daphne* are two single girls who dissect the ups, downs and backwards ways of internet dating - and more.
The authors of The Online Dating Diaries blog on Wordpress are now blogging for MailOnline.
This week, Daphne divulges her top ten insights into online dating...
I never thought online dating would work.
While I like to think of myself as an adventurous, modern girl, there were always too many uncertainties that stopped me from doing it.
It's too obvious. And isn't the man supposed to do the chasing? I'm only 23. I thought online dating was for lonely anoraks in the midst of a mid-life crisis. Online chemistry doesn't translate to real life anyway, right? WHAT IF MY FRIENDS SEE ME?
But one day I got over it. I think everyone starts in different ways, some are bullied into it by friends, some are looking for someone to talk to, some just want sex. Personally, I was curious.
I signed up to two dating sites (the free ones, I'm looking for young people remember) and the resulting Pandora's box of chemistry, lust, laughter and sex has dramatically reduced my productivity at work.