Elisha Perez curvy modelling contest

A mother-of-one with a cyst the size of a bowling ball on her uterus has overcome the debilitating condition to reach the finals of a curvy modelling contest.
Elisha Perez, 37, from Greenwich in Connecticut, USA, was misdiagnosed by doctors who thought she was suffering from IBS.
Over 15 years her condition continued to worsen, leaving her writhing in pain for hours at a time.
She found it hard to walk, could hardly eat and had to struggle throughout the day and night to sleep and was eventually diagnosed with Adenomyosis - for which there is no known cure.
After multiple consultations she decided to go ahead with an abdominal hysterectomy - the removal of her uterus and ovaries - to restrict the pain.
The procedure was painful and frightening for Eliza but since the surgery she has found a new lease of life and felt confident enough to enter herself into the 'Star in a Bra' competition by fuller-figure lingerie firm Curvy Kate. She's, of course delighted to find herself in the final.
Elisha, an administrative assistant, said: 'Every job I had I was in fear of losing because I was almost always late due to the fact I was incapacitated.

'I looked normal and healthy on the outside but inside I was losing a battle. By October 2012 I was in danger of losing a job for the third time and the pain was the worse it had ever been.
'After a trip to hospital and several large doses of painkillers - none of which worked - I accepted I would have to start the process of doctors, tests and medication again only this time I demanded certain things be done.
'Later that month after requesting an MRI I was told I had Ademomyosis and cysts on my ovaries, Adeno is a granular tissue disease - they don't really know what causes it and there's no cure.
'The uterus haemorrhages within the muscle and since it' in the muscle it doesn't shed, causing it to grow becoming larger and heavier.
'I was basically walking around with a small bowling ball in my pelvis. The weight of it was crushing my other organs and creating the digestive issues because the colon was in impinged.